My truck is taking off in 2nd gear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lil_dude_in_indy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I bout an 02 ram 1500 5.9l and shortly after I bout it it had no response taking off, like I was taking off in 2nd gear. So I babied it, I had to pull my trailer with my chevy. Smh.
So a couple months went by and on my way to work I pulled up to a stop sign and when I pulled away my tranny was stuck in 2nd gear and wouldn't shift unless I had high RPM's.
So I parked her for about 3 months and jumped in one day to take it around the block and everything shifts fine. Someone please tell me what is wrong with my truck. Tired of putting money into it.

Guy with dodge and no power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
I bout an 02 ram 1500 5.9l and shortly after I bout it it had no response taking off, like I was taking off in 2nd gear. So I babied it, I had to pull my trailer with my chevy. Smh.
So a couple months went by and on my way to work I pulled up to a stop sign and when I pulled away my tranny was stuck in 2nd gear and wouldn't shift unless I had high RPM's.
So I parked her for about 3 months and jumped in one day to take it around the block and everything shifts fine. Someone please tell me what is wrong with my truck. Tired of putting money into it.

Guy with dodge and no power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like shift solenoid, have you changed fluid and filter and had bands adjusted?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've had 2 of those 46re's do that to me before the blew up. They aren't a very good tranny. I'd recommend a Transgo shift kit when you rebuild it.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk