Need help...throttle body issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2008 Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7L. In Sept, i received a code telling me i had a crankshaft position sensor problem. I replaced the sensor and in November, my truck lost power and the red lightening bolt came on and the dealership said i needed a new throttle body, so i replaced it. Now it's doing the same thing...lost power while driving and the red lightening bolt came on. After turning the truck off and letting it sit, it started fine and the light was gone. That lasted 1 day and then the check engine light came on. It has the code to replace the crankshaft sensor again. Any help on figuring out why this is happening and what i can do to fix it for good would be much appreciated!!

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
When you remove the crank sensor does it have any physical damage? Afermarket sensors are generally not the same quality as OEM. Often crank sensor and cam sensors will throw codes for one another. I would inspect the crank sensor and or change it along with the cam sensor.