New 03 1500 Laramie Hemi owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MitchS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Found a sweet deal on a fully loaded 1 owner, every record from mile 8 to mile 93 k and couldn't turn away. I have a little extra cash and figured the first thing I wanted to do was open her up. Intake, chip, and exhaust. I do a fair amount of towing,but also like to have a little fun with the truck also. Any recccomendations on these items or others? Looking at about 1200 to 1500 right of the bat the throw into the power train.

I have looked extensively into some of the exhaust threads, but am curious as to what everyone thinks on these combinations.

TIA

OP
OP
M

MitchS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have been thinking of the s&b intake, and swapping out Stock muffler for a magnaflow ( not sure on size for a good rumble) and possibly a trinity tuner. Anyone have this, thoughts or reccomendations? The trinity is a little pricey but seems like the best bet.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Welcome and congrats on the sweet deal!

Check out Moe's Performance at this link. 2002-2008 Ram 1500

The S&B is a good set-up for your rig and you have the option of several tuners; you are not "stuck" like most of us 4th Gen owners.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With my 03 hemi, i put an s&b intake, superchips flashpaq 3865 tuner, tmr delete (simple pull one wire and you accomplish this one), sonnax line pressure booster, pacesetter long tube headers into offroad y pipe into ecutout maggy muffler and a turn down before the axle, thats gonna be slightly above your budget for all that however. I paid about 1170 for all my stuff, but some things i bought used. Shes fairly quick eith a 0-60 in about 7 seconds slightly less depending on roads and stuff (but keep in mind im pushing 35s and have all kinds of extra weight on my truck)

Camo Ram

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome and congrats on the sweet deal!

Check out Moe's Performance at this link. 2002-2008 Ram 1500

The S&B is a good set-up for your rig and you have the option of several tuners; you are not "stuck" like most of us 4th Gen owners.

And actually we dont have really that many options for tuners unless he goes custom tune, but even then nothing can be done to our trans as far as tuning goes unlike you 4th gen guys who can.
Superchips is gonna be your best and cheapest option for tuner since you cant benefit from the trans tunes anyways. Theres thread all over this site about the ******* 03 hemi's....lol

Camo Ram