New Carrier For Regearing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I recently installed new wheels and 33's, and now I'm desperately needing a regear. I have stock 3.55s and want to go to 4.56s. I'll be purchasing new ring and pinion gears as well as install kits for front and rear, but I don't know if I need new carriers. What exactly is a carrier, and do I need new ones?

Red_ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The carrier is what the ring gear attaches too, it houses the spider gears and axle clips.
The carrier dose not need to be replaced when changing the gear ratio, But all bearnings should be replaced.

Now I will say when I put my 4:56 I went ahead and got a Grizzly track-lock carrier giving me positraction.

Just as a warning I did have to grind off an 1/8 of an inch off the housing to ensure proper clearance all the way around the ring.

Your also gonna need a progamer to adjust your speedometer and Abs system to the new gear size