new user with problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erics

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello, I've got a 07 Ram Big Horn 5.7 and it's running like a ****. At ALL SPEEDS but especially noticeable at highway speeds with the cruise on. It's acting as if it has a bad miss off and on constantly. The power seems to decrease with a slight increase in rpm's and the sound is awful. I have NO CODES or at least not yet and my CEL is not on. In fact it acts just like my old Ford did when it had a bad coil on plug. It's been running this way for at least two months. Any help would be much appreciated.

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
Can you explain the problem in more detail. How often does this happen and for how long? What kinda noise?

Sent from my SM-G900F/T/I/M/P/W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

erics

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you explain the problem in more detail. How often does this happen and for how long? What kinda noise?

Sent from my SM-G900F/T/I/M/P/W8 using Tapatalk

okay I first noticed there was a problem after start/warmup when I could feel it stumble and the rpms would flutter. But the sound is as if you would block off the exhaust completely on and off nearly every second.

OP
OP
E

erics

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok while driving and having the engine issue described above I pushed the button on the shift selector and the issue stopped. So what does it mean when I have the problem and switch to tow/haul or od off to make it run correctly. has anyone else replaced that MDS module?

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
The only way to disable the MDS is to buy a tuner and shut it off. Either that or leave it in tow/haul mode all the time.