Next 4.7 Mod: E-Fan or Headers???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right now im in the process of getting my 08 intake manifold ready to install just waiting on adapters and 70mm tb. I cant decide which would be the best mod to go with next as they are pretty close to the same price. Im looking at the gibson shorty headers only bc thats about all i can find for an 07 4.7. would really love to get some pacesetter long tube but cant find em, or i can go with the flex a lite 183 e-fan. The only downside to the headers is that the tubes are only 1.5" was hoping to get at least 1.75+. Anyway questions, concerns, or comments.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which of those offer the highest performance gains??? They both sound sweet though, I'd love to do headers

OP
OP
redram2007

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im not too sure ive read some reviews on the headers and a lot of people wasnt too impressed and some were. ive only heard good things about the e fan but i would really like to get all i can out of the engine.

OP
OP
redram2007

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what about a relay or fan speed controller. I mean i could wire it up direct to a toggle switch but really dont wanna do that

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have never been a big fan of Gibson headers myself, so IMO I would not go that route. You can do the taurus fan if you want to make mounting brackets and buy your own controller. The Flexalite kits are nice because they are complete kits that are ready to install. They include all mounting brackets, wiring accessories, and the adjustable temp controller so that you dont have to piece your kit together.

OP
OP
redram2007

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never been a big fan of Gibson headers myself, so IMO I would not go that route. You can do the taurus fan if you want to make mounting brackets and buy your own controller. The Flexalite kits are nice because they are complete kits that are ready to install. They include all mounting brackets, wiring accessories, and the adjustable temp controller so that you dont have to piece your kit together.

Do you offer any group buys through any of the forums?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
There are times when I will be able to host group buys, but I need to see what kind of interest there is in the items at the time. Electric fans havent really been a hot topic lately on any of the boards.

OP
OP
redram2007

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Considering im getting the e fan and have a sc vivid and the option to control my fan speeds. do i need a 180 t-stat or will i be fine with what i have 195 or at least thats what i think i have

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure the stock tstat is a 203? Someone chime in if I'm wrong, but I think that's the case. 180 just helps keep it cooler. Can't say I've been able to tell a difference from it other than a cooler engine. Good enough for me though. Only downside is in the winter, you're heat either won't be as warm or will take a lot longer to get it as toasty as you want lol. And I've always run the 50/50 prediluted stuff from autozone and it's worked fine.