Next Mod Ordered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Thanks Greg, and surprisingly a week later I am sticking to it...LMAO...See other post on the springs. So did you decide to snag the Cam from Kenneth as that has RedTruck written all over it and w a 117 LSA would be sweet in your Truck as it is basically a SPARTAN and you want something that you shouldn't have to shift manually with. If I had not ordered mine when I did I would have jumped all over it!

Last edited:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Danny, good for you. I'm sitting here drinking cold beer waiting for the afternoon monsoon to come through trying to decide what I want to do with old Red. There is nothing wrong with the old girl and I have plenty of fun blasting around with her. She even spanks a few of them nasty Mustangs. IMHO, she has a lot of potential so I'm starting to think I'll strip the electrical system and go old school with the wiring and use a racing stand alone ECM to manage the engine. Now is that outside the box or not? lol

OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Yeh, thinkin outside the box is what it might take my Freind! I still wish the Supercharger Manufacturers hadn't abandoned the 03 work-ups (blame that on the 04-05 Models being easier to crack and by the time the MDS showed up we were already The Forgotten ... LOL...)

Enjoy your R&R and the Cold Beer in warm weather sounds good. it'll be 48 degrees USA tonight so slowly winter is coming (10-12 weeks).

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Danny, the cold weather just turns me off anymore. I serviced my motorcycle yesterday and she is running great. The dry season will be here very soon and I already have a tour going up north scheduled next month. It's hot, but with cold beer and pretty girls it is all do able. As for turning the 03 or any of the OEM PCM's for that matter, it seems we are spending all our effort to make the computers happy with horsepower being sacificed by it all. There are some very good numbers being shown for the Hemi by just optimizing the tuning. Also moving shift points up makes a big difference in performance and if the engine was properly cammed with a decent intake these bad boys will really run. I don't think the OEM intakes are worth much either, our TB's are jokes for 345 cubic inch engine. The old numbers we used for sm chevys was 650 cfm at 6000 rpm. I don't have numbers but looking at what we are running I am sure it is short of what is needed. This is another reason I like the FAST system. It uses a single plane intake manifold and a four barrel TB with rail injectors. There is also a setup using the manifold and a adapter for a OEM TB or a 90mm TB. I'm looking at the manual to see if the engine can be managed seperately from the PCM. Maybe the 03 has an advantage after all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01