No one likes exhaust clamps...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
So I finally got rid of them!

After two years... :weld:

5959511581_9ab287cf6c.jpg

5960072860_fda719da79.jpg

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
I don't mind the band style clamps but I can't stand the u-bolt type.

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
The u bolt type blow.

Literally. Air leaks galore.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
whats the difference between dumping it right at the muffler or all the way to the bumper?

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I don't mind the band style clamps but I can't stand the u-bolt type.

This. Mine will be welded from the collectors to the tip when I get around to redoing it

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
The nice thing about the band clamps is the ability to take the exhaust apart and put it back together easily and leak-free.

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
The nice thing about the band clamps is the ability to take the exhaust apart and put it back together easily and leak-free.

If mine has to come out, well mine aint coming out...

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The way I have mine setup is the cats and y are clamped to the collectors but the rest of the system is welded up. This way I can take it apart to make a change but still have a leak free setup

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6

Exactly, It ****** me off that my exhaust is welded...poorly, so now rather than just dis assembling it to take the cat out and run true duals to the glass packs, I 'd need to cut everything JUST RIGHT to be able to buy the adapters. When I sell my toneau cover the first thing I'm doing is redoing that entire damn exaust system with clamps from the front of the cat back with 2.5" pipe and new glasspacks and run it out the back to 45's behind the tires with 3" tips. crackle like hell and give it a deeper tone.

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
Hey i'm just glad to be rid of my crudclamps that couldn't hold the exhaust solid. I had too many of them on patch pipes and no matter how tight they vibrated loose and the exhaust hit the crossmember. Granted these were ubolt clamps which are :puke:

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
Exactly, It ****** me off that my exhaust is welded...poorly, so now rather than just dis assembling it to take the cat out and run true duals to the glass packs, I 'd need to cut everything JUST RIGHT to be able to buy the adapters. When I sell my toneau cover the first thing I'm doing is redoing that entire damn exaust system with clamps from the front of the cat back with 2.5" pipe and new glasspacks and run it out the back to 45's behind the tires with 3" tips. crackle like hell and give it a deeper tone.

Just amke sure you use the band type clamps and slit the outer pipe before installing them.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Band clamps are your friend.I used them to install my cutout and I can easily swap them out with a straight pipe for smog inspection.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine

Have to disagree here, my last exhaust setup was a stainless borla catback with the band clamps holding it together. What a PAIN IN THE ASS that was to get apart. The whole system was stuck. Took longer to get it aprt and off than it did to cut everything and reweld it after the last round of modifications.

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
IFF I ever need this exhaust out some good band clamps are going in. What are you guys best experiences with brand, size, and location of clamp?

Maybe i should have been more specific and titled the thread, "no one likes six u bolt clamps saggin your exhaust like a ghetto teenagers shorts in gym class."

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the summit brand clamps. They're SS and affordable. Duane/3rdstrike carries the Walker brand which is a top quality "name brand".