Oil Filler Neck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was just adding a quart of oil into my truck since it was a little low, and I noticed there was water or moisture in there; is that supposed to be there? It looks like rust is starting to form inside the neck and especially inside the cap itself. I've never seen this before.....???? :helpsmilie:

CIMG1549.jpg

CIMG1548.jpg

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Its normal sadly. Its normaly cause from the engine not warming up awhile and from taking short trips from what I gather which is most of normal driving. Just whipe it clean and change the oil like any other truck.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok, that's what I have heard too, I always let the truck warm up until I drive it, but I only drive 8 miles to work and 8 miles home everyday...

I wiped it clean and added in that quart, it just had the oil changed only a couple thousand miles ago, it's only sittin at 70k miles.... Is there any kind of additive I can use, like Z-Max maybe or something?

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, I just got the truck a few months ago, when it had 69k miles on it, he said it had just had the oil changed so I have no clue what type is in there or if that's even true. The oil still looks good and it's not all nasty lookin, but I'm thinkin about just goin ahead and draining it and putting some Royal Purple in it.... Do you think Z-Max would help at all? Or is it even a problem I should be concerned with?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963