Oil filter size question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I apologize if its been stated before but i havent found any info on my issue ...i have a 2003 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I recently bought this truck upon doing the oil change i found it to have a valvoline oil filter pn# vo105. Small and skinny i researched everywhere. And get nothing but larger filters. I purchased a purolator boss filter pn#pbl14670. Every wher i check shows to be correct but this is where it gets fun lol... The center hole on the filter is to small where it screws on. I checked others to. See if it was a flaw in packaging it was not i gave up went to a local oil change shop. Where they agreed that the filter i bought was correct for my truck but the filter. Center hole was to small to fit. They ended up finding a 2009 ram 5.7 oil filter to fit. How can this be possable. The engine looks to its time has the 03 ignition system and no egr. Any ideas on what could be the reason behind it. It obviously cant be a 09 block. In a 03. Could it. Any way to tell help or insite would be greatly appreciated

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
sure it could be a newer motor, regardless just use what fits.

OP
OP
X

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any idea where to check for casting numbers or build plates to see if the engine has been replaced. I plan on. Fixing it up slowly just dont want to get the wrong parts