OILS, recommended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My next oil change will be with amsoil xl synthetic and amsoil xl filter. It should be good for about 25k miles. A buddy of mine has an 04 that he runs with amsoil 5w 30 and their filter. He changed his at 25,000 miles and sent them a sample to chemically test. The results came back saying it had 17% oil life remaining after the 25,000 miles. That was good enough for me, that is why I am going to switch, and he is as hard on his truck as I am, if not harder.

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
Great to know!! My uncle switched to Amsoil and loves it....

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
At my house M1 is in everything with an engine.....

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I put M1 in this last oil change. Didn't notice a real difference other than wear color.

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
Just my 2 cents Mobile 1 Full Synthetic has been used since I can remember.

I know this is completly unrelated but here is why.

I used to own a Eclipse GSX back in my high school day. Well I immediatley put Mobile 1 Syn in it had the car for 8 months then money got tight being a high schooler and all so when I got my oil changed i just had them put in whatever was on sale. It ended up being some non synthetic i belive it was quaker state. 10 miles down the road engine knock!!!! so after that once I put in Mobile 1 i never switch it out to any other brand and alwyas full syn

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
Amsoil here in my 05 hemi qc with over 191k miles...change it once a year...

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I'm runnin Royal purpe atm cuz I also felt the need to spend too much money, I put Mobil 1 5-30 in my mom's car and it runs great. I'm also runnin a K&N filter on the truck.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Ok guys don't want to Hijack here but just something I noticed while at wally world today. I was shopping for some oil since I have a change coming up. I am using Royal Purple but its a bit expensive. And you guys all sugested mobil 3 syn. Ok so I was at Wally world and was gonna pick up 5 qrts and a filter. I noticed that there were 2 full syn Mobile 1's. A high mileage and a standard. What's the diff? I was just gonna grab the high mile stuff but wasn't sure. Same price just don't know which to choose.

I know this is an old thread, but I can answer this, as it seemed to go unanswered. What "High Mileage" oils have are a more robust additive package blended into them, that is meant to help recondition seals and gaskets within the engine. It also has a higher tolerance to oil burn off as a result of the additive packages used. If you're gonna use a high mileage oil, I would suggest doing a synthetic blend,rather than a full synthetic. Unless you are certain your engine had no leaks. Why? Well, because synthetics tend to find leaks better than blends or conventional oils and we all know how much $$$ a quality full synthetic oil can be.