overheating/no heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricksram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 cummins that a bought a month or two ago. The truck recently started overheating and the heat in the cab no longer works. I replaced the thermostat (which was not the issue apparently) and the water pump shoes no sign off leakage. I don't really don't have the money to play trial and error to did parts that doesn't need fixed until I find the source. Any ideas?

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
check your coolant level. There may not be enough in it therefore it would overheat and you wont get any heat.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Sounds like low coolant/air bubble in the cooling system. Try topping up the system and burping it, should fix both issues

Henry Huizenga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is doing the same thing, I have it in the shop now, already did the thermostat and vacuumed the air from the system. If they find the problem I will let you know.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
It wasn't on this motor, but I've had the impeller on a water pump go bad without any outward sign of anything being wrong. The vanes basically disintegrated to the point they were no longer pumping anything.