p0300 code and shaking engine, any help appreciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for some advice here, anything helps.
So last weekend after a 2 hour drive i got off the highway driving through town when all of a sudden my check engine started flashing and truck started shaking while keeping the throttle around 1400 and 1600 rpms. Now the light is just staying on and throwing me the p0300 code, and still shaking at those rpms yet it doesnt shake with foot off throttle or at higher rpms. Now ive noticed it is shaking while sitting in park.

Anybody have this issue? Are there any quick easy fixes I could try before losing all hope and bringing it to the mechanic? Keep in mind the truck itself has 205k and the engine is new with about 25k.

Mistwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
P0300 is for random misfire. Bad coil maybe. Check them and your connections. Maybe check spark plugs. Upstream O2 sensor can also cause it.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
coil pack or bad gas or bad plugs when did you change yours. CPS? I would start with plugs and checking coils while they are out

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't start replacing parts yet. Use a scan tool to see which cylinders are misfiring. You can move spark plugs, coils and injectors to different cylinders and see if it follows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk