P0300 Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruinsfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there has been a lot of discussions about this, what seems to be the most likely cause and fix, mine is not cylinder specific, the dealer changed wires, plugs, PCV and doesn't really know, I can't afford to let them continue to easter egg it, I'm leaning towards starting with the upstream O2 sensors, any thoughts ?

05 2500, 5.7L
No EGR Valve installed

B-Shot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What symptoms does the truck have other than a code?

OP
OP
B

Bruinsfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Runs rough till the engine starts to warm, no issues through upper rpm range, only seems to happen at idle when first started then goes away. No other codes other than random/multiple misfire

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Worst case scenario, your lifters are losing prime and not pumping up correctly causing a misfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Could be fuel injectors - try running sum Gum Out engine cleaner for a few tanks of gas.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
If it only happens on cold starts, like after sitting overnight, I would suspect a leaking intake manifold gasket.

OP
OP
B

Bruinsfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you all for your help, it turns out that I had , what my mechanic termed as a "lazy" or intermittent O2 Sensor, (right side, upstream) starting to fail, but not enough to throw a code, but just enough to cause the motor to run rough until it came up to full temp, swapped it out and runs perfect now.