P405 code 2008 Dodge 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredbearhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2008 Dodge 1500 SXT (5.7).

Around mid Dec trouble code P1404 hit. Went to autozone got a new Egr valve. Replaced it and no code. It was short lived. 2 weeks later code P405 showed. Thought maybe the new EGR valve was defective. Since it was under warranty replaced it for the second time. After replacement the p405 code came back.

Truck runs fine, no issues. Except this code is driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Thanks

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I have a 2008 Dodge 1500 SXT (5.7).

Around mid Dec trouble code P1404 hit. Went to autozone got a new Egr valve. Replaced it and no code. It was short lived. 2 weeks later code P405 showed. Thought maybe the new EGR valve was defective. Since it was under warranty replaced it for the second time. After replacement the p405 code came back.

Truck runs fine, no issues. Except this code is driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Thanks

I had this issue A while back, the parts house EGR's were junk and never lasted long. I went and got a Mopar EGR and all is good, make sure you put some dielectric grease in the connector to keep the moisture out of your connection.

OP
OP
F

Fredbearhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking the same thing. But do you think two EGR valves would be bad right out of the box at autozone?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I was thinking the same thing. But do you think two EGR valves would be bad right out of the box at autozone?

I'm not sure, I know the first one I got from O'Reilly didn't make it 3 days. Did you make sure the pipe that goes from the EGR up to the throttle body is tight and gasket is good? If the gasket got torn in the replacement and doesn't have a good seal it will throw a code.