Parts needed for cam swap help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk05hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Need new cam and crank bolts, need the puller for the harmonic balancer, tool to pull the fan, tool for the valve springs (unless you are pulling the heads(and if you are pulling the heads you need new head bolts as well)) Tq wrench if you dont have one...

Honestly when I did mine, I ordered the full kit from inertiamotorsports.com they have a cam install kit that has everytthing, new springs, rods, gaskets and bolts for $130 I believe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blk05hemi

blk05hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Need new cam and crank bolts, need the puller for the harmonic balancer, tool to pull the fan, tool for the valve springs (unless you are pulling the heads(and if you are pulling the heads you need new head bolts as well)) Tq wrench if you dont have one...

Honestly when I did mine, I ordered the full kit from inertiamotorsports.com they have a cam install kit that has everytthing, new springs, rods, gaskets and bolts for $130 I believe.

I saw the it from inertia earlier i was just waiting for som1 to chime in so that looks like the way to go!

thanks!!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
There are 2 diff tools to do the springs on the head. You can get the mopar one that is a bear to use or Weedahoe has a good setup to do them on the truck. I did mine on a bench with the heads off so I could check over my heads and check the valves. For getting the fan off you can just chirp it with an air chesel to unlock it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Might also wanna looking into an A/F gauge to keep an eye on the ratios. You may start going lean with the headers and the cam stacked. While you are doing it install a 180 Tstat along with fresh fluids.