PCM replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
06 ram 1500 4.7 2wd. Need to replace the PCM. Any recommendations on where to get one that works? Rather avoid the dealership if possible. Any reputable vendors on here or any reputable websites? Needing it programmed to my vin and everything before I get it. Thanks in advance

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Try cardone.com. I've heard that's the main online place to order them. You can also get one from autozone, just give them the number on the computer. Depending on how much hassle you want to go through, there are other options for cheaper. I bought a pcm from a junkyard that listed parts on eBay for about $85.

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually grabbed two of them from a junkyard. One with skim and one without. The one without is letting it run but causing it to run rough. All new sensors except TPS. But the only gauges working are volts and fuel. Needles don't even bounce when you turn it on. The skim PCM I have the key and skim module to match. Battery in the key with the built in fob is dead. I believe it's not giving the chip power for the module to read,but I could be wrong. But with that PCM the fuel and volts work and temp bounces to the middle so I believe that PCM is good but it's not getting the signal from the key to actually start. Turns over all day long just won't crank. I'm gonna get a new battery tomorrow and try again before I just buy a completely new PCM.

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turns over and cranking are the same thing... you mean you have a crank-no-start condition.

The 4.7 is a finicky engine... it is really sensitive to its cam and crank sensors. It it's the 16 plug version of the engine even more so. You need to get the correct PCM no matter what, different calibrations as well as different sensor configurations will make one PCM work great for one engine but not another. Cardone is a decent place to get a new pcm, also you could try a place called PCM4Less (google them) contact them and see if they have any for your truck and your truck's specs.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
06 ram 1500 4.7 2wd. Need to replace the PCM. Any recommendations on where to get one that works? Rather avoid the dealership if possible. Any reputable vendors on here or any reputable websites? Needing it programmed to my vin and everything before I get it. Thanks in advance

Try AUTOMIX.COM they are pretty cheap and you can order one from a dry state where you have less of a chance of getting one that's been effected by corrosion. And if it doesn't work then they will keep sending you one till your satisfied at no cost at all.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
I would go with Skyramman he just replace his and he knows what he is talking about.I don't have much faith in what Autozone electrical stuff some stuff they sell is good and some are not .I have a autozone near me just not impressed .

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I ordered a new PCM from a eBay vendor that refurbished it and programmed my information into it. Started right up and runs fantastic. All the gauges work as well. Not a bag deal for $120.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I ordered a new PCM from a eBay vendor that refurbished it and programmed my information into it. Started right up and runs fantastic. All the gauges work as well. Not a bag deal for $120.

Glad to hear all worked out for ya bud.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Nice, isn't it a great feeling when you get it right the first go around.

OP
OP
S

Snackcake 01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't say first go around lol it was my third PCM I tried lol. Runs beautifully now. Also replaced TPS and knock sensors as well. But one thing that is irritating me is the abs and brake light is on. The security light stays lit while it's running. I'm gonna replace the sensor on the rear diff tomorrow after work. Gotta go return a new caliper because the banjo bolt stripped the threads on it before it even got tight so I'll get the new sensor then. But I'm doubtful that's gonna take care of the brake and abs lights. Just rwal so idk what would cause an issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Technopac