Performance doubter eating crow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gurowar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am now a believer in doing performance enhancements to my 2004 ram 1500 hemi. It started about 2 wks ago my muffler and pipes on the verge of rusting out and falling off. I didn't want to take it to midas cause they ripped me off a few years ago so I found a local shop here in town that does mufflers as well as performance exhaust systems. Long story short I took a chance and took it to him. I found out the OEM exhaust system is going to cost me like $800 buck while a performance exhaust system from magnaflow would only cost me half of that $450, ok a little more than half. So I went with the performance on and boy what a difference!!!! It took him an hour and a half to order and custom build my exhaust system and when I got it back I thought I was imagining things. Right off the bat I was able to feel the power and take off of my truck, I was very impressed. So I was heading home minding my own business and this dude in his bmw pulls up to me next at the light. After 2-3 lights of him acting silly at the next like I said to myself ok I said ok going to take you at the next light. Light turn green and I punched it and all I can say is that he was eating my dust. So after all that I thought to myself heck if an exhaust system can really help that much how much more if I get a cold air intake. To be honest I was still kind of hesitant but found a specture 9932 for 150 bucks at Auto Anything so I went again and installed it over the weekend. Here we go again I was heading home from my basketball game on Sunday when I pulled up to a light and what pulls up next to me about another bmw. Sorry so long of a post but in short I tried to get to the right hand lane cause I was going to turn right but the dude gunned it, I heard his engine rev up. So I gunned it to and left him eating my dust....LOL I guess what I am trying to say in this very long post..sorry all I just wanted to share how much a performance exhaust and cold air intake really helps!!! So anyone on the fence about doing this, it is a good investment and also if you don't gun it a lot I noticed that it helps saves you gas. How much gas you ask!?!?! Well I play in 3 b-ball leagues on Sundays and I normally fill up my tank in the morning. By the end of the day I go 40 miles and my tank is a little over three fourths full. This Sunday and today I have gone 65 miles and I am almost off the full tick mark. I dunno if every one will get the same but this is what I am getting for now.

Performance Mods truly do to enhance your vehicle...I am a believer now

Last edited:

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your old system probably had flow issues caused by rust clogging up the muffler and even the baffles collapsing causing restriction. Glad you chose a good system to use and are happy with the results. That is what counts!!!

OP
OP
G

gurowar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LOL....Budakane I know that is what I was thinking, any suggestions?

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Like Mario said; Paceseter LTs, be sure to grab their Ypipe, also(Been running mine for 6 years, and love them). For a tuner Diablosport Intune hands down.
Pacesetter coated LT's

OP
OP
G

gurowar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you all for the advice i guess i need to start saving some cash...lol. thank you