Planning a rebuild over time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Hey I was going to start slowly buying parts for the rebuild of my 4.7 engine and I was curious if anyone could tell me where i can get gaskets and what company to go with for my truck. And also if y'all have any recommendations of what else I should do/get for the engine rebuild. I probably won't rebuild it till I graduat from college in 3 years but I would like to slowly buy all the stuff instead of fork out a ton of cash when the time comes. Also I heard I need mopar bearings for everything that nothing else is the right sized bearing. Can anyone confirm?

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
So I finally rebuilt the engine, there was oil sludge everywhere and the piston ring gaps were so worn that my largest feeler guage (.80mm) still had room to move between the ends, one piston had damage to the crown and the timing chains were stretched and no longer holding proper tension

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
******* that was bad

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Should've put 08 heads and cams on :D
Glad to hear she's back up to ***** though

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently rebuilt a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI and it didn't even look close to all that sludge. Lol
Glad you got her running.