Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
You've got a problem in the wiring/circuitry someplace but the question is where? If you're going to try and fix it yourself I've got a good fuse box out of an '04 that I just parted out. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

OP
OP
M

Mattkassebaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hemi
I will call them tomorrow and give you an update!

OP
OP
M

Mattkassebaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hemi
Ok, update. Truck is in shop and they are still trying to find the problem. I did confirm this is still only the diagnostic fee so Im safe there. Today is monday. Hopefully will know tomorrow maybe. I will update tomorrow.

OP
OP
M

Mattkassebaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hemi
So for those of you following my post, they contacted me to update me. Truck actually started and ran for an hour today and yesterday. Same on Saturday. Asked me to let them drive it. They did say they thought the TIPM as she called it was getting hot possibly. I informed her that the last two times it shut off...it had not run for more than 10 minutes so could not have been warm. She then asked if they could drive it seeing it only shut off when moving. Have not heard back yet. Will update tomorrow.

OP
OP
M

Mattkassebaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hemi
Okay so dealer called today. Drove it and died. Found a ground bad between the TIPM and fuel pump. Right now 285.00 for diagnostic and labor. Will be done Fri. Lets hope it fixes it. Will update when I know!

OP
OP
M

Mattkassebaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hemi
Update. Dealer did an overlay on the ground wire. Picked truck up Friday. So far no problems. I have to say Im impressed with how the service manager treated me. 285.00. They could nailed me for a wiring harness. Lets hope all is fixed for now. Thanks to everyone who gave me input and tried to help me!

rsdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 BigHorn 1500 8spd 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update. Dealer did an overlay on the ground wire. Picked truck up Friday. So far no problems. I have to say Im impressed with how the service manager treated me. 285.00. They could nailed me for a wiring harness. Lets hope all is fixed for now. Thanks to everyone who gave me input and tried to help me!

How is it working after 7 months?