Power wire caused a code I think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

w8tnonu22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a power wire on my 06 hemi about 2weeks ago and all was fine. Then today I got code for air temperature sensor which I'm assuming was caused by the wire. Anyone else had this issue?

Sent from LG Spectrum 4g

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
If you don't disconnect the battery before cutting into the wire to splice in your resistor you will get a cell with regards to a voltage loss or at least thats what happened to me.
Recheck your connections that nothing has come loose then rest your light by disconnecting the battery for five minutes. Write down what cell you have now by turnin g the key on and off three times. If it comes back then something is definately wrong. From what I understand it doesn't matter which wire you splice into but i remember choosing the one that read 12 V into the Iat. Hope this makes sense. Good Luck

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had one. Took it off for a week. And put it back on and havnt had the problem yet. Its been about 2months. It was somthing like ait cuircut low or somthing like that. Even with the code my truck ran perfect thought.