Prepping for my Efan, got a few ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Itll be a little while, the shroud on the vic fan is almost too big, so ill have to cut it down i think

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Think this monster of an e-fan use to be RubberFrog's at one point.

5541802574_004e1646cc_b.jpg

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Daniel, that's a very nice looking setup. A lot better tplooking than my Magic.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Had a Black Magic ready to go in until i saw this available for sale and everything was already included. The Mark VIII on low just down right flows. Its also a sample of things to come in making the engine bay "pretty".

Last edited:

HemiSwapped06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay cool, and did you actually see a big bump in MPG? I hear people saying 2

I did not see 1/10 mpg difference in my E-fan overall or any real noticeable difference at the track. The stock 4.7 clutch that I had on the 5.7 in my truck simply freewheeled 95% of the time, so much so that you could see the fan turning maybe 300 rpm at a 700 rpm idle. It would only engage as needed, which isn't often with a 170*F thermostat. The only reason I have kept the e-fan is to be able to cool the truck down between track runs, its easier to short-belt, and the e-fan holds 170*F unlike the idling clutch fan that lets the engine hit 210*F before it engages.

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please dont beat me to death over this question, but I do not know so thats why Im asking. Is it possible to just add an auxilery fan and keep the stock fan as well? Basically run two fans?? Im no genius and dont know much about this electrical fan stuff, but i think an extra fan would be nice for when Im pulling my trailer. Again, I dont know the answer so thats why I asked fellas. Thanks.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Umm interesting. Should be doable as the 4th gens run both a clutch and e-fan.
Please dont beat me to death over this question, but I do not know so thats why Im asking. Is it possible to just add an auxilery fan and keep the stock fan as well? Basically run two fans?? Im no genius and dont know much about this electrical fan stuff, but i think an extra fan would be nice for when Im pulling my trailer. Again, I dont know the answer so thats why I asked fellas. Thanks.

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didnt know if it was doable or not....anyone else have thoughts on running the stock fan along with an auxiliary fan in front of the radiator?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Cal, that is done if you are having overheating issues during extreme conditions. But if it is to fix a cooling problem then I would advise against it and just replace the radiator or upgrade the radiator to more capacity. Pretty much all the new vehicles use eFans to free up parasitic loses.

Back to the OP, have you completed the install yet?