which programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05RCSB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are actually more a head of the game than you think. User settings yes they fall short of what the sc can do with their advance trans tuning option, HOWEVER, the dsp has a custom trans tune option (not the user based one but one a CMR tuner would need to do for you) that will do a hell of a lot more than just shift firmness and shift schedule. When I get my laptop back that is what I will be doing, should have had it done already but the laptop with all my backups took a dump so I have to wait to get it back to do the new tune files.

Is there a program you can get to make modifications to the DSP's tune? If so that would be good. I plan on getting a custom dyno tune after heads and cam anyway, but it would be neat to get alittle more out of the DSP.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a program you can get to make modifications to the DSP's tune? If so that would be good. I plan on getting a custom dyno tune after heads and cam anyway, but it would be neat to get alittle more out of the DSP.

You would have to get their CMR tuning software. For the mopar software it is $2500

DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

Or you can find someone with the software and have them do a custom tune for you.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Yep you can buy the software IF you know what you are doing. Get a setting wrong and say bye bye to the engine and/or trans. Im just gonna pay someone with the software already that has done it with a lot of trucks already to do mine.

Also you might want to check out an email tune just for start up with the cam and head combo so it will run enough to after the install to get it to the dyno otherwise you can and will do some damage there as well

05RCSB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep you can buy the software IF you know what you are doing. Get a setting wrong and say bye bye to the engine and/or trans. Im just gonna pay someone with the software already that has done it with a lot of trucks already to do mine.

Also you might want to check out an email tune just for start up with the cam and head combo so it will run enough to after the install to get it to the dyno otherwise you can and will do some damage there as well

I will pay someone as well since it sounds Like much more than I would want to get into. the price for custom tuning isnt so bad anyway. Does anyone recomend anyone in the florida area for dyno tune. Im around tampa. I have heard hemifever is a good one by mail??

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hemifever is very good. I do not think he does custom TCM (trans) tuning though, just the PCM tuning. There are a few people here that used him. I did on my 05 and I was impressed

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I am very impressed with hemifevers tunes. Tell heir the cam/head combo and he'll write you a start up tune. Datalog using it and send it back and he'll fine tune it. Easy process to get it working and running right. He wont touch the tcm though.