PSC1 installation help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Bill I'm still sittin in the weeds too! Greg the instructions talk about the Yellow w/ Black Stripe wire that t-taps to tach signal off #8 Injector, so try that. As for the other wire, "duh" I didn't think the 03 had a Crank sensor. Guess mine works as I never paid any attention. Keep feeding the Info man, this is getting interesting!

Did you still have a copy of the Tuning tutorial PDF. don't know how to attach it here!

Danny,
I am happy to report the new PSC1-003 is successfully installed on the 03.
Ther are only five wires, so how hard can it be?

This is how I installed it.
PSC1 red wire goes to C1 red w/wht stripe (switched 12vdc)
PSC1 black goes to a lug and mounted to a PCM mounting screw. (ground)
PSC1 Violet goes to the MAP grn w/red stripe wire that is cut and is connected to PCM side. (MAP 5vdc signal)
PSC1 yel & grn (2) wires are connected with the MAP grn w/red wire coming from the MAP. (MAP 5vdc signal)
PSC1 yel w/blk stripe is connected to gray w/blk stripe wire C1. (rpm trigger from crank)

The trigger will probably work from the #8 injector but I connected mine to the crank. I used plugs to connect the grn w/red stripe MAP wires so if there was a PSC1 failure I could reconnect the MAP sensor wire and keep running. Funny enough I believe this to have been my original problem. When I first connected the new PSC1 it was identical to the previous install using the old PSC1 I have. I cleaned everything up again and double checked the wires and got the connectors to seat a little deeper and it came to life. apparently I didn't have the connectors plugged in properly. Just goes to show even folks with years of experience can over look something simple. My stupidity will be someone gain as I'll sell the spare PSC1 for $75 shipped.

Last edited:

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Good news Greg, Just seen this. You snooze you loose (Me that is!).
I will note the above info, Thanks.