Question after tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently used the 93 tune on my diablo predator. When I punch it and it shifts hard usually into 2nd I hear a unusual noise. Nothing feels different other than the hard shifting cause by the tuner. Anything to worry about or is it normal. Thanks!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can you elaborate on this " unusual noise"? Where do you think it's coming from and what does it sound like? Burp, fart, squeak, chatter, grind, rattle, screech, thud?
An unusual noise to me is completely different than an unusual noise to you!
What fuel were you running when you switched to the 93 tune?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to have the exact same problem when I had a diablo, sounded like a small backfire or something out the exhaust every wot 1-2 shift

OP
OP
FlaglerMegacab4x4

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea that's what it sounds like ST-8 the way he described it? I do use 93 octane fuel. ST-8 was everything ok with your truck?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Its defueling at the shift. With your exhaust your gonna hear it more. Mine used to do that on the SCT tunes with a cut out open where you would hear it more, with a 40 series it was baffled more. Mine no longer does that and im running a CMR DSP tune for the newer motor.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea Flagler truck was fine. Can't remember what tune it was on but I always run at least 93 on a canned 91 tune an nothing less than 89. Never have heard the sound tho with superchips, when I had the diablo I had a flow master 40 on the truck too. Just realized if your in Flagler your like 30 mins away from me I live in Daytona

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlaglerMegacab4x4

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok great thanks guys I was worried it was my trans or something. Yea I have dual Super 10's so I guess that's why it's so noticeable. Lol that's awesome but unfortunately I'm not in Flagler right now ST I'm in the army and I'm stationed in Louisiana but I sure wish I was back in Florida.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok great thanks guys I was worried it was my trans or something. Yea I have dual Super 10's so I guess that's why it's so noticeable. Lol that's awesome but unfortunately I'm not in Flagler right now ST I'm in the army and I'm stationed in Louisiana but I sure wish I was back in Florida.

I am from Louisianna also. And I feel your pain the heat and humidity is terrible here. :king: