Question on Superchips Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I've had the SC 3865 for about 5 years now, every time I change the tune on it I set it back to "stock". I've tried to find the answer and haven't gotten through to SC support, but here it goes...

When set a tune and accept to go forward with the install it saves my OEM flash and then erases it from the PCM. My question is when I want to change my tune to another tune (i.e. going from 87 to 93) do I have to return it to stock and then upload the 93 tune or can I go from 87 to 93 without issue? I've just always been worried that it'll corrupt my OEM flash somehow and would rather try to avoid having to pay the dealer for a re-flash.

Sent From The Automotive Proof S5

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My question is when I want to change my tune to another tune (i.e. going from 87 to 93) do I have to return it to stock and then upload the 93 tune or can I go from 87 to 93 without issue?

No.

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Nope, you can go from 87 right to 91 without issue.
I've had the SC 3865 for about 5 years now, every time I change the tune on it I set it back to "stock". I've tried to find the answer and haven't gotten through to SC support, but here it goes...

When set a tune and accept to go forward with the install it saves my OEM flash and then erases it from the PCM. My question is when I want to change my tune to another tune (i.e. going from 87 to 93) do I have to return it to stock and then upload the 93 tune or can I go from 87 to 93 without issue? I've just always been worried that it'll corrupt my OEM flash somehow and would rather try to avoid having to pay the dealer for a re-flash.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't even think of that when I went from the mileage tune to the 87 lol, good thing you don't have to!

Any reason why the tunes (without trans tuning) keeps it in first gear until about 2 to 2.5k rpms? Not a fan of that since my neighborhood is 15 mph and i stay in first the whole way lol...