Questioning my newly installed 4.56 gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rhendrix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No need to add LSD fluid on a truetrac, it's uses worm gears, not clutch packs.

HemiSwapped06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once you put the bigger tires on it will make a huge difference on the highway. 4.56s and 33s don't get along very well on the highway. I did the same thing you did and felt the same way. Once I put the 35s on it was so much better.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed just the opposite. With my 32" tall 305/50s the 3.55s lugged the truck to death under 90 mph. When I put 4.56s in the truck I got better mpg EVERYWHERE. I even ran with no OD at 75 mph and 3,500 rpm for a while when the trans was going out and still got 17 mpg.

silverddge05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol, I figured that my speed had a lot to do with it. I don't expect to gain mileage when I add the lift kit and tires...just hoping to not have my truck be a complete dog and down shift on every hill. My end goal is to retain my 13-14 mpg average that I was getting before adding the gears, tires, and lift.

I've heard a lot of people recommend a SC 3865 as a future upgrade, what are the benefits of doing this first rather than a 206 h/o cam besides costs? I doubt I'll run a 91 octane tune, but it'd be nice to have that ability, and to remap my tranny.

i would really consider a diablosport trinity t100 that gave me power and better gas miles with a 93 octane . nice and i live in 7000 feet so it must do alot better in lower places