ran the ole truck again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Copy & pasted again from another forum. Makes it easy that way

No hoosiers though. They havent came in yet.

Ran a 13.15 @ 102 w/ a 1.78 60' on my 1st pass. That was w/ no track intake & cut out closed. I just opened the cut out to see how much it gives me these days w/ the race muffler. Its not what i wanted but i guess the ole truck is getting tired these days. My trans is almost gone. It has went from acting great to slipping bad in all of a week or so. Oh well, im not upset w/ the truck anymore. I have been pissed w/ the truck for a few weeks now but im just accepting the fact that the truck isnt going to run what i want. Atleast it runs consistant 13.1x these days so thats not to bad i guess. And pretty much the way i run it on the track is what i drive w/ on the street so i still have a low 13 second truck on the street. I have a vid i will post.

When the trans goes out which will be soon the way it feels i will stick another trans in it w/ my then redone 3400 tc. Im probably going to go buy a trans jack just so i will have 1 & take my time & do it myself.

My bottle is getting filled right now so im going to make 1 or 2 more na runs & then try to spray once or twice then head to the house w/o hopefully having a busted trans. The truck has givin me alot of problems the last month but i guess its a 7 yr old truck that as been run to death so i just cant be mad w/ it anymore. I want a 12.6 like brett but its not going to happen w/ this trans & tc. Maybe after i get the new trans & tc in it & put some race gas & race tune in it.

13.11 @ 103 w/ a 1.77 60' w/ the cutout open so the cutout is only worth .04 now w/ the 6" long race muffler. I did out run me a lightning on that run. He ran a 13.15 @ 103. The 1st pass i got murdered by my buddies 11.20 lightning. I have video of the massacre of the hemi too lol

Never got to run again. Sat there forever & there were 3 wrecks so I just left. There really needs to be a whole seperate night for non electronics & pro comp cars. There are way to many of them at that track & they just over run everything.

Here are 2 burnout videos atleast. The video sucks & she was sitting to far back this time. The 1st was w/ the cutout closed againts to 11.20 lightning & the 2nd was againts the 13.15 lightning. I cant get the iphone4 to take a good video at all

th_IMG_5724.jpg

th_IMG_4320.jpg

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
your truck shoots off the line. cool video

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
your truck shoots off the line. cool video

It will get off the line much better when the new 3400 tc goes in. Right now it feels kind of crappy to me lol.

I need to buy a camera so I can take better videos. The fiance wants 1 so I might get her 1 for christmas but on track nights thats my damn camera lol

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
double purpose is always cool

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Damn Gary starting to sound like the passes are catching up to your truck. Are you getting slippage through all the gears now or first and second worse then the ods?

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The motor in the truck runs great. The only thing thats killing the truck is the trans. I will stick another 1 in it & run sum 12's w/ a new 3400 converter. The trans has only been in the truck for a year but it was a used trans to start w/. Its slipping bad in 1st & 2nd also. I/m going to continue to race it & when the trans finally goes out I will do another trans & converter in it

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All in all I'm satisfied w/ a 13.11 from last night. Slipping trans & worn out converter, ya cant beat that I guess

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye