replacement hemi motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought an 07 Ram 1500 quad cab with a blown 5.7 hemi and am currently looking for a replacement. Can anyone tell me what year ranges will work? Thanks in advance for any help.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you will need 06-08 from a 1500 ram if you want to just drop it in and retain MDS.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
How bad is the motor? Do you just need a block and rotating asm or you need the whole thing?

OP
OP
tim johnson

tim johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How bad is the motor? Do you just need a block and rotating asm or you need the whole thing?

Believe it or not, it will start.

Long story short, truck has 220,000 miles on it. It smokes like a freight train with white smoke at start up but it goes away. It has a loud ticking sound coming from the passengers side bank of the motor. I have not done a thing to it yet.

I bought it from my work and took the factory 20's and nerf bars and put them on my 04 quad cab. My plans were to scrap the rest of it but I have decided to try to either fix it or put a motor in it and give it to my son.

I was thinking about taking a video of it running and posting it on here so maybe someone could try to diagnose it for me. The mechanic that looked at it originally pulled one of the spark plugs and said the electrode was flattened on it. He thought it broke a piston but I think it would be making alot louder noise if that were the case.