Royal purple oil filter part #

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does anyone have the part number to the royal purple synthetic oil filter that fits our hemis? I check royal purples site and it says 20-253 but then I go to a part store site and it says it doesn't fit my year. I'd just like to confirm from someone that has used it.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I cross referenced the filters I use (Purolator and Mobil1) and found the Royal Purple equivalent. These are larger (longer) than the stock filters, holding almost a full quart compared to only about half a quart in the stock one. I have used these filters on my 5.7 for years. Fit in there just fine.

Royal Purple 30-8A
Mobil1 M1-301
Purolator PL30001

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Okay thank you.. I've just read people on here saying they're a good filter to use with synthetic since they're not a paper filter and break down. I started using redline oil and want a good filter to use with it that won't break down like the mopar filter I've been using with the prior synthetic oil I ran.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Okay thank you.. I've just read people on here saying they're a good filter to use with synthetic since they're not a paper filter and break down. I started using redline oil and want a good filter to use with it that won't break down like the mopar filter I've been using with the prior synthetic oil I ran.

I run Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic and have for a long time now. I've almost always used the Purolator PL30001 filter that I listed above and have never had any issues with the paper element breaking down. I am taking my oil change intervals out to 10,000 miles now after having the used oil analysed by Blackstone labs. The nice thing is, the Purolator can be found just about anywhere that carries oil filter, including Walmart and is half the price of the Mobil1 filter and I would bet the Royal Purple one as well.

Here is the oil report from my last change.

Attachments

• 2017-08-14 08_01_06-2004 RAM-02012017-Oil-Analysis.pdf.jpg
    2017-08-14 08_01_06-2004 RAM-02012017-Oil-Analysis.pdf.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea your numbers are definitely still good to go to 10,000 miles. I was looking to stretch mine to 7,500 miles because I use to always change mine at 5,000 miles with the previous synthetic I ran. That's why I was looking for a good filter that would hold up because I was told by the guys in the huge oil thread that the mopar paper filters don't hold up past 5,000 miles and I needed to get a synthetic filter since it was a waste changing the redline oil at 5,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk