S & B CAI Lid Sealing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi all, I have a brand new S & B CAI that I installed last week. I love the system, think it was very well designed, and install was very straight forward. The only issue I am having is getting the lid to seal, especially on the long sides of the box. I have tried the pre-curved lid that was supplied with the kit, and also the flat lid that they shipped me when I contacted them about the issue.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? I have approximately 1/8" to 1/4" gap depending on which side of the box I measure on, and there is an audible whistle upon acceleration which seems to be caused by the sharp edges on the side of the lid.

Thanks in advance!

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did not see any sealing issue on mine. I will have too give it a look. I have not heard anyone else having a problem

OP
OP
C

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did not see any sealing issue on mine. I will have too give it a look. I have not heard anyone else having a problem

Good to hear, I am starting to wonder if it is a box issue and not a lid issue. If the holes in the box were too close together, it would cause the excessive dome my lids seem to have. It's a little odd that neither lid works for me. I'm hoping that someone who sees this will be able to take some measurements for me next time they clean so I can compare them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
do you have a pic of this ?

Yes, and I can post tomorrow, but a video really shows it better, I'm just trying to figure out how to put one in my post.

This..
Also do you know the history of your vehicle?

As for knowing the history, yes I do. The truck is as straight as an arrow and has never been in any accidents let alone abused in any way. The whole kit installed very easily with everything just dropping in and lining right up. I think if anything, the top of the box may have been drilled slightly off. I am home all day tomorrow (Wednesday) so I will have more time to play around with it then.

OP
OP
C

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can anyone help me out with how to upload / post a video? I looked but can only find how to handle pictures and attachments.
Thanks!

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Upload it to youtube then just post the link here

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used weather stripping to seal mine.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
i have that same gap on my 2013 ram...im thinking of using some weather stripping. i could post a pic here directly..

OP
OP
C

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OK, I was thinking maybe there was some way to embed it so people wouldn't need to follow a link. I think the weather stripping may be the way to go here to close up this gap a bit.

Lid Movement - YouTube

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used weather stripping to seal mine.

+1 what I did with mine. Just got some thin weather stripping and run the whole way around, gives a perfect seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
C

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
+1 what I did with mine. Just got some thin weather stripping and run the whole way around, gives a perfect seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That looks like that is going to be the ticket. Now just trying to find the perfect piece so it doesn't look tacky.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam