sct tuner help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought an SCT tuner #3200 for my 07 hemi, 1500. right now im a bit irritated with it. not only does the "instructions" disc not have it on there, it only has gm, ford, and tractor to select from. I simply want to use it to correct speedo for tire size, but there are only a few limited menus on it. Nothing for any of the features they say it has. like shift points, speed limiter, rear O2 senors disable, spark by rpm, idle adjust....nothing. what the hell am I missing? I don't need a custom tune, just want to make basic adjustments. right now I have a $320 code reader. or do I now have to take it some where to have all this loaded into it?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you connect it to a PC before you connected it to your truck? This is how the tuner is registered and updated to work properly. I have the SuperChips Cortex Tuner and I love it. I loaded the Performance 91 octane tune and I opted for SuperChips trans tune while loading the performance tune, what a difference that made.

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is that the trick im missing? Connect it to PC first? I have not done that. Like I said the directions are awful and the provided disc doesnt even have dodge on it.

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I connected it to my lap top tonight and it doesnt do anything but power up as if it was in the truck. No prompts, nothing different, no options to change anything or load any thing.