Seafoam? Good or bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhoadsrocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7l
My 05 5.7l has about 170k on her and has never had seafoam sprayed in it. Ive heard its great and ive heard its terrible? Best way to use it? Pour it or spray it? And where do i apply it for best results? Thanks guys

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd put a full one in the gas tank before you fill up, then get one of those Deep Creep sprays, and you spray that directly into the throttle body with all the intake tubing off. Directions on the cans are easy to follow.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep hearing about this stuff but never really looked into it, now that I see what it is maybe it isn't complete hogwash like I though. We used something like this but it was all under pressure and hooked into the brake booster and sucked out the cleaner when I worked at a oil change shop in high school... Worked really well, we could tell it worked when we would get a greyish smoke more than a white smoke...
Guess I should give this product a try on my 116k hemi

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Here a vid for a 2006 Hemi truck - https://youtu.be/bxbUzTGNU7U

I've done the Seafoam treatment to my 2004, via the brake booster line. That was several years ago and it didn't seem to do much so maybe my engine didn't have build up?

I have been adding a can of Seafoam to the gas tank every now and then and sometime I use the Lucas gas treatment instead. I've also added Seafoam into the crankcase about 100 miles prior to an oil change. Never had any problems. 192k on the truck now. I should probably try doing the booster line treatment again, just to see what happens.

Seafoam also makes a Trans Tune version that I have ran in the truck for a long time. That stuff does actually work IMO. I've used it in another truck that was having shifting issues and they cleared up.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do a can of seafoam in the oil of the wife's minivan every third oil change to keep build up away.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does work. Putting it in the gas tank and the oil right before an oil change does help clean stuff out. Sucking it in through the booster line tends to only pull the stuff into one cylinder. They have new aerosol cans of it that you spray into the intake system while the truck is running, that way it makes it into every cylinder. Either way putting it into the intake is when the smoke show happens lol

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Seafoam is good .But you want to really clean your valves and injectors and your plugs B-12 does it better than seaform but one thing seafoam you can add it to the crankcase and seafoam will work in a diesel engine .

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I also agree the Seafoam helps! I use it as a stabilizer for my gas in my motorcycles when stored for the winter, and use it on my bike a couple hundred mile before a oil change on my bikes. In the gas just follow the direction on the can and your fine ,