Silly question how many cats on our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zday4436

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How many cats come on a 04 ram. I know one of them is out but the truck isnt home for me to go look under it. Planned on just going ahead and getting high flow magnaflows if the price isnt way to bad. 5.7 btw

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Should be one per bank. So two total.
Assuming they didnt change from 04 hemi to my 07.

Fabricating an exhaust for high flow cats is alot of work without headers, full exhaust, ect. I have my stockers from my 07 if you need one. Anything will probably be weld in granted the age of the truck.

OP
OP
Z

zday4436

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should be one per bank. So two total.
Assuming they didnt change from 04 hemi to my 07.

Fabricating an exhaust for high flow cats is alot of work without headers, full exhaust, ect. I have my stockers from my 07 if you need one. Anything will probably be weld in granted the age of the truck.

I was kinda hoping to do headers back, I was wanting to do pacesetter longtubes, then buy a xpipe, and let a local shop weld everything together but dont wanna spend 6-8 hundred for a magnaflow stainless kit, was just wanting to buy everything sperate if doable

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well i have a brand new magnaflow ram 1500 split rear kit in an unopened box for sale if you're interested.

about the only way i'd allow pacesetters on my truck was if a shop was doing it and was skinning their knuckles and taking on the fitment issues.

you're going to need a Y fabricated anyways.

i have stainless JBA's which were more $ than pacesetter, and i had no issues, but some even curse those.

depends how cheaply you want to do it, and who is doing it.