Something different .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Can anyone tell me why these companies dont bother with an 89 tune? I get the 91 93 87 ones, but why leave out the 89, is it because nobody would want it?

Oh and Truckin, I gotta question. I ran logging on my spark retard when you were talking about all that jazz and issue you were having, and the Predators screen stayed at 0 degrees the whole time, if there was any knock, does the predator screen change or do you have to plug it into a comp? Just wanna know for my next tank of gas when i switch tunes and run it again.

I believe you have to have it on the computer, I have always had problems with just using the predator to log. You should be able to just set the knock settings and see them on the DSP but you also cant log a whole lot of items at once or it wont like you, and it wont let you log for an extended period of time. With a laptop you can log as long as you want.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
i get better gains and mpgs out of the 91 tune on 93 all i have available is 93...

I see alot more 93 now then 91. Wonder why? It wasn't long ago you had too search for the 93.

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
ethanol sucks balls , we have 100 oct at one place . used for racing

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I dont know how you took what i said but you must have took it the wrong way to come back at me with that comment .

I said it sucks because IMO my truck runs like crap wit ethanol . and was just stating i have seen 100 oct .

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
I was just saying that you get less mileage with ethanol and that I do not care. No hard feelings Dave. Just lost in translation. Weird your truck does not like ethanol. Mine does not give a damn in the slightest.

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
it runs on it just seems less ethanol the better it runs

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMO....Ethanol/E85/blends SUCK. Here is why.

Ethanol (or any alcohol) attracts and combines with water. Water is not good for your engine.

Ethanol gets worse gas mileage and will cost more than if you just ran regular gas in your vehicle in the long run.

E85/ethanol, made of corn, is also costing us more since the supply for feed for animals (cows etc) is not as great so the cost of feed has gone up, thus the cost of beef, milk, any dairy, has gone up.

Ethanol has less stored energy available for combustion as compared to gasoline (that is why you run lean, you need more of it to get the same power output). The octane rating is higher, so you can add more timing and you will not get detination or knock. However, without being able to add more fuel as well, you will not get as much power out of it as you will with gas.

Again this is my opinion based on the facts that I have seen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye