Sporadic idle on my 02 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
My idol on my 02 1500 4.7 L fluctuates but not all the time and also I have pre ignition I take the key out and it keeps running for about a second. Idk what to do now cause I have changed every sensor on this truck and still the same problem so it obviously somthing else but I haven't a clue, do you?

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Are you getting a check engine light to see what code it is trowing.If the engine is still running it ain;t good for that engine.You said you replaced all the sensors have you checked the knock sensor?

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Haven't gotten to that one yet, p1388,p0455.
Those are asd and evape leak. Going to check all vac lines and I have a new tipcm " fuse box" comming so hopefully that will solve my issues.

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
The only four that I haven't changed are the o2s and crank and cam sensors.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
I have a Haynes repair manual it is on chapter 6 block 9 knock sensor for 3.7 and 4.7 I just read you will have to remove the intake manifold.This is my firm belief if you going to work on these trucks or cars yourself get you a repair manuel.I got one for most of my stuff I own as a reference believe it will save you big bucks in the long run.

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Yes you are right I definitely will b buying a Chilton or Haynes in the very near future. I ordered a tipcm cause I have all kinds of stupid electrical things not working. Also getting more n more codes everyday, today it's p0463,p0455, p0442, p1388. Check light is on and off daily, I changed the ait sensor with the others still no change. So I'm looking around and I see a cap next to the fuse box n open it up and all I see is a thick coat of corrosion on the bolt and piece of copper that goes in to the internal part of box so I can only imagine what it looks like in there. New one should be here tomorrow, we'll see. Thanks for taking the time to help bud.