Stand alone trans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have an 04 Ram 5.7L 2WD automatic, I have burned through so many 545RFE i have lost all faith in them! would it be hard to convert over to something else? Im not sure what i could/would go to but just seeing if anyone has any insight on it? I don't want to alter my truck into a manual either.... I pushing about 500HP right now, but after i get back from deployment I will be having Inertia build an engine that i am looking to get 800+ out of. Any ideas on trans? and how hard would it be since the TCM and PCM are all one?

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The rfe is a good trans, look up aligator performance they have a built one for a good price you can slam in.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
ST-8 can you possibly find it and post a link to it? I would like to pick the guys brain... I am trying to get the ball rolling on this so once I get back from deployment I can jam everything in and get my truck back on the road.

and btw...Im on #6 545RFE!!!!! To the point I sent my truck to a company for almost 3 months for a trans swap and 20 miles into actually tuning it down I blew it up! so needless to say, hello SWAP! lol

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ST-8 can you possibly find it and post a link to it? I would like to pick the guys brain... I am trying to get the ball rolling on this so once I get back from deployment I can jam everything in and get my truck back on the road.

and btw...Im on #6 545RFE!!!!! To the point I sent my truck to a company for almost 3 months for a trans swap and 20 miles into actually tuning it down I blew it up! so needless to say, hello SWAP! lol

What you want a link for the 4l80? If you have a Facebook look for the na dodge group an join it he's in there idk the guy but there's alot of gear heads over there, will be able to get more traffic passing by that see what you wanting an can help
Me personally I'm on my 3rd trans an I just have a baby cam an most bolt ons lol, I've thought about the 46, but really would like a t56 or tr6060

DesertWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your looking for a trans controller, my money is on PCS transcontroler. They can pretty much run any electric auto transmission you can think of. But if your thinking of going simple look into the 47rh, OD can be just a 12v switch. But in the diesel world I know a few Cummins motors backed by the 4r100 which is a Ford transmission.

OP
OP
S

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So I am not completely positive on controllers, so if I went to a 4L80E I could use a controller and it would take care of my shifts entirely? What would I do with the connector that currently goes to my 545RFE? getting everything to work mechanically bolting up I have no problem with, my question is with all the electronics....

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
So I am not completely positive on controllers, so if I went to a 4L80E I could use a controller and it would take care of my shifts entirely? What would I do with the connector that currently goes to my 545RFE? getting everything to work mechanically bolting up I have no problem with, my question is with all the electronics....

Here are some of the stand alone controlers available, have a read through their capabilities but most completely take control of the shifts the same as a factory TCM would, some allow you to manually select gears with either paddle shifters or buttons. Like any programmable controller you can modify from their base tunes with either a laptop or some it's directly done on the unit itself. I am planning to use either PCS TCM-2800 or the US Shift Quick 4.
Testing the Latest Transmission Controllers - Hot Rod Network

4L80E stand alone controllers - K5BlazersPlus

OP
OP
S

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for that info!!!! looking at it, I think looking at the ease of use and ease of wiring I will be going with the US Shift Quick 4. just hook right up into the RPM wire. and get ahold of a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500/2500 5.7L PCM with manual transmission.