Stock Cats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL8X

Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega Cab Laramie
Engine
5.9 CTD
So been looking around in the junk yards for another stock cat and haven't had any luck yet. So my question is where are you guys finding the stock cats?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
They are hard to find because the material inside them is valuable. Most scrap yards sell them first as it is easy money for them. Its even harder for you because the 03 only has 1 cat which is different from all 04-up rams. Is yours bad, or do you have a new project you are working on?

OP
OP
FL8X

FL8X

Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega Cab Laramie
Engine
5.9 CTD
Yeah its a new project. Getting ready to drop the Gibson logs and switch over to LT, in fact was going to email you this afternoon about the LT. Like you say I only have the one and looking for one more so I can weld the collectors on them and bolt straight to the LT. Also playing with the idea of dropping the Y-pipe and running a true dual into an X-pipe but this is not on paper yet just looking into it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
You actually only need 1 cat. I had an 03 as well, and I just put 1 cat at the back of the Pacesetter y-pipe. Just extend your rear o2 sensor, and you are good to go.

OP
OP
FL8X

FL8X

Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega Cab Laramie
Engine
5.9 CTD
Yeah if I stay with the Y-tube then a single will work with the rear extension like you say and may be the way I go but still waiting to hear back on the thoughts on the true dual X-pipe set up. One thing that is for sure is the Gibson are coming off, hell I need some new target to take out to the range and these logs are perfect for that.

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You actually only need 1 cat. I had an 03 as well, and I just put 1 cat at the back of the Pacesetter y-pipe. Just extend your rear o2 sensor, and you are good to go.

You can do that?? I have a cutout welded on the end of the y pipe, but i didnt use the other extension thats supposed to go there, so could i weld my cat to the cutout and put the rear o2 right after the cat? Or??

Sorry for thread jack hope this helps you as well bud.

Camo Ram

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some places aren't allowed to sell used cats, I work at a salvage yard here in Maryland and by law we are not allowed.

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sold my old cats on one of the forums. That is where I would check for one as they pop up every now and then when guys upgrade.

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a pair for sale on HTC. About halfway down the first page of the classifieds.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
You can do that?? I have a cutout welded on the end of the y pipe, but i didnt use the other extension thats supposed to go there, so could i weld my cat to the cutout and put the rear o2 right after the cat? Or??

Sorry for thread jack hope this helps you as well bud.

Camo Ram

Yes, you can get away with just a single cat at the back of the y-pipe. Just put a cap on the **** in the drivers side collector, and then add a new **** behind the cat...you are good to go. I ended up with 1 of the Magnaflow high flow cats with a **** in the rear, and it works great for my truck.

MagnaFlow Heavy Metal Catalytic Converter 3" with o2 ****