Supercharged 4.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Does anybody know if the guys at air ram finished of the 04 cobra mustang intake manifold conversion so that we can supercharge our 4.7l engines?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm gonna guess no since that guy fell off the face of the forums. Would really like to see it finished tho, been a couple yrs now

Masimus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Were they going to make it so the 03/04 Cobra Eaton could be ran on a Ram? Sounds like a terrible idea, honestly. The Eatons heat soak like crazy and lose power pretty quickly without cooling upgrades. Don't get me wrong, they're not the worst thing to run, but there's better out there.

We run those in the Mustang world on our GT's thanks to Tork Tech and their kit to fit it on our motors. For the price of the kit and everything that's involved, it's much cheaper for us to run a kit specifically designed for our cars; such as ProCharger, Kenne Bell, Vortech, etc. I haven't done much research on the prices in the Ram world for forced induction, though.

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I mean I just needed the adapter. Because from my understanding you can switch the Eaton to a kennebell 2.8l and that's what I was planning on doing

Masimus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I mean I just needed the adapter. Because from my understanding you can switch the Eaton to a kennebell 2.8l and that's what I was planning on doing

That's the same thing for the Mustangs. The adapter kit lets us fit anything that will fit the Cobra, so a Whipple, TVS, KB, etc. It has the potential to be a killer set up, but after the cost of the adapter and better blower, you would be better off buying something that is made specifically for the Ram/Mustang. Like I said though, I haven't done much research on Ram supercharger options, so I'm not even sure if KB makes a bolt on kit for you.

Don't let me discourage you, though. If you're doing it to be different, than by all means...do it. From a cost/power perspective, there has to be a better option whether it's a s/c kit designed specifically for the Rams or if it's a turbo set up.

I will say this one last thing. I personally pieced together the entire kit to throw a Cobra Eaton on my 02 GT. By the end of it, I was in it a little over $4k, and that's with used parts. The adapter kit and fuel pump were new, but the blower, heat exchanger, etc. were all off a used Cobra. I sold it (for a profit thankfully) and bought an intercooled ProCharger that had 500 miles of use on it for $2400 shipped. Even after buying new parts, upgrading some pieces of the kit, and being tuned, I'm in it for under $3k and making more hp than I would have on the stock Eaton set up that I sold.

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I've looked into it and I don't believe anyone makes performance parts really for rhe 4.7l and nah it isn't discouraging me. I am doing a motor swap after college I just wanted a bit of a power adder to get my power fix until then

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've looked into it and I don't believe anyone makes performance parts really for rhe 4.7l and nah it isn't discouraging me. I am doing a motor swap after college I just wanted a bit of a power adder to get my power fix until then

If you want power all the time I'd rather sell it and buy a HEMI. Our Ram has the 4.7 and it's a daily driven workhorse. I'm okay with it. If I want to go fast(er) I'll take my wife's Durango R/T ;)

Masimus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

If you're going to motor swap it later then I wouldn't sink a ton of money into a supercharger set up for your current motor. Throw a shot of nitrous on it and call it a day until your new motor is ready to drop in. S/C the new motor and have a completely different animal.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems contradicting to throw money at a 4.7 if you plan to motor swap. Just buy the motor an start building it than swap into truck.

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
That's what I'll do like I said it was more for a power fix and depending on if it was reasonably priced to do then I would for the time being but if I really want my power fix I'll take the stingray :D but yes I will be making a completely different animal with the motor swap