Superchip 3815 question??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 3815. Everywhere I looked says it will work on a 5.9 magnum. I tried it and the tuner says it is not compatible with the 5.9L. Called superchips and they say it won't work and they no longer support the 3815 updates. Anyone run into this? Is there a fix out there?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok nevermind. I finally got tuner to update on third try. It loaded the correct software on tuner, so it worked like it should. No help from Superchips. They told me it would not work on older truck and no way to change it. They were more worried about trying to sell me a new tuner, then helping me. If I buy a new tuner ever, it won't be from them!

I will say this. Even on the 87 octane tune, it really woke my truck up. It has awesome acceleration now and will actually spin the tires if you hit it to hard. My truck has always been a slug and would never break the tires loose. Cannot wait to fuel up with 91 octane and try that tune out!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's the ****** thing, on the early 3rd gens the Superchips is the best canned tuner.

OP
OP
B

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, the tuner wakes up the 5.9L so much because it is severely detuned from the factory.