superchips 3815 kind of disappointing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I have hand calculated on all my trucks I have owned. These two Dodges are both about a half mpg off on the overhead. But the difference is in several trips from East Texas to South Texas and back. And I do mean SEVERAL. Even if I wasn't hand calculating it, I can definitely tell a difference between trips with the amount of gas it takes to get there and how much I spend on gas to do it. I have not tried the lower octane tunes on my 12 model, just the 93 on the DS, BD, and the Hemifever tune. All running 93 fuel. But on the 07 truck, many attempts with various tunes and fuel octane ratings. I personally (just my experience with this truck) get better mileage running 93. The 12 model is modded fairly good with 3.55s and the 07 just has a K and N filter and a 22'' Magnaflow, with 3.92s and 165,000 miles on it. They actually both get about the same gas mileage. As for your overhead being trustworthy, I would check it vs the actual hand calculated mileage. Every truck is going to be different. My two just happen to be close. I have had a few in the past that were way off though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

repsol83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine was dead on then first 2 tanks... Only have 4 tanks through it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The 91 tune gave me the best all around gains. The 87 had more lowend feel to it while the 91 had better mid to top pull. Mpgs were better as well.