Superchips Cortex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my cortex today. updated it before trying to tune. When I tried to tune my truck, all I kept getting was general error "G-3F"

the tuner can identify my vehicle, read and clear engine codes just fine.

A few years back I once used my buddies bullydog just to try it out. Since then, I've returned the truck to "stock" after giving him the bullydog back. the only setting I didn't leave stock was keeping the fog lights on when the brights are on. Would this have anything to do with it? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it? ...Because he no longer has that Bullydog.

Last edited:

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
You prob' already know but did you cycling the key ignition to "run" when it asks you too? "Run/On" should be the 2nd key position from off.

Maybe do a update and try again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Already updated it before I tried to tune it.

Last edited:

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say that Bullydog left it's footprint on the PCM, if that's the case you will need a dealer flash then an update for the Cortex from SC. I've heard of this happening before with other programmers leaving their goodies on the PCM when returning to stock. That's just my guess what happened.

OP
OP
A

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I was afraid that's what happened. Luckily the truck goes to the dealer tomorrow for new tires. Oddly enough, the dealership prices on tires were cheaper than any internet website or local business.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
I would post on the Superchip Forum or give them a call just to get their opinion and if there is update patch they can send to you.

No harm or cost before spending $$ for a flash.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree with Ramunit. If you know you left a modified setting on the PCM from the Bully Dog, another tuner won't get the response it needs to archive the stock tune.