Throttle Body Icing 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Aw, he was just playing. Don't get all bunched up ;)

I'm good....but name calling should be left too pm's....or not posted.....hard to read joking between the lines......I been guilty of this before btw......**** everyone knows I can joke with the best of them.....:roflsquared:

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anybody that wants to learn something new is good by me i was just in disbelief

I try to learn something every day, but it doesnt always work out
Like tonight my truck started making a death brake noise so tomorrow im gonna learn about that :p

jimdd810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I had the same problem with my 2003 dodge ram 2500. Acted same way but also the colder it got it would die. Miss going down the highway. There is a tsb for our trucks replacing the throttle body. Need to have dodge do it because they need to update the PCM. Total cost for me was 500. I know I could have done it cheaper myself. But it's 20 below here and my shop doesn't get super warm when it's that cold. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Your right about the updates which included some IDLE adjustements, got it done to my PCM way back when My SC 3714 Malfunctioned. I still get lightning bolts on occassion but only happens when I don't plug in the Truck and Run the Fuel under half a Tank (-25 to -38 C). As for the Water Sludge frozen issue I would say the bad PCV was probably the cause of that mess. As for catch Cans I do see a use for them and actually need one for my new LX build as I don't need that stuff re-acting with my molded plastic that I added to the Intake walls of my Eagle Intake which is hand ported to my pre-Eagle Milled Inertia Heads, Yep No Spacers. Sorry Rambling on here! Anyways the 03's are tempermental when it comes to Tb's, hence why my old ported one went to the dumpster last year. I may, some day try one of Matt's TB.

Last edited:

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
LOL....Caught Bullchittin was I, Actually Yep, (OP, Sorry for the Jack) I Bought the whole Motor. I'm redoing inside the ports, got about another 4-6 hours labour to sand, match, and paint last side/4 ports. The Block assembly is almost ready to Paint (Thurs). When I'm done She's gonna easily walk on them stock or mildly modded 6.1 SRT's Ya know....at least that's what I believe.....based on a 3.73 Getrag diff....may do a 3.91 (1/2 the Price)......LOL,,,

Last edited: