TMR Delete doesnt seem right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhYou_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I finally went and did the TMR delete mod to my 03, and I'm not sure if its right.

Specs:
4.7 eng
545RFE trans
35" tires, 3.55 Axles

So mine's a single ECU/TCM with 4 plugs. No standalone TCM.
I believe the standalones are the 45RFE trucks.
After some googling, there is a yellow/black wire in the bottom plug that is the cut wire.
It is the only yellow one in the bottom plug, and my plugs all go out to the left. I think I read some trucks the ECU was upside down or something, so if yours go right, its the top one.

Positive results:
  • 1->2 shift is noticeably quicker in Hi/Low
  • 2->3 shift is a LOT quicker in HI
  • I gained 4th gear in Low
  • Havn't tested too much, but it seems like it has more power in certain areas.
  • Also haven't tested too much, but I've read it doesn't cut power in low speed high rpm 1st gear drifts. It did drift fine on dirt but I dont think I can spin 35s in dry anymore.
  • The one 4Low launch in dirt I did had much less pause between gears and spun all 4 tires in turns.

Negative results:
  • No engine braking or downshifting. it stays in the highest gear for the speed.
  • 3->4->5 shifts with no throttle input slightly buck on freeway, but even 10% throttle will be fine.

• Big one... 2->3 in 4Low, on pavement. It bucks HARD, it will definitely damage the trans quickly. the most I Tried was a shift at 4k with 50-60% throttle, it seemed to drop all acceleration for about 200ms and drop a few rpms, then bang into 3rd hard.
    The weird part was this was after a 30min drive on the freeway. before that, Just after reaching pavement, I launched it in 4Low and it was fine. It was also fine on dirt before the freeway drive. It was fully warmed up and nothing changed really between both tests. I did however, in the first test on pavement, give it 100% throttle the whole time 1->2->3

So did I do it wrong? I do like an extra gear in low range (wish I had all 5) but I kind of liked launching on pavement in 4Low. I may reconnect the wire, or put a switch on it, but I'll have to play more in dirt with 4Low.