Tq Convertor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for a 2800 stall Tq convertor for 545rfe asap
trying to find one cheaper than 450.

I posted in wanted section as well

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Tq converters are all custom built for each application, so its hard to take a used converter, and get good results unless you have an identical setup to what the converter was originally built for. Its also not recommended to install a used converter without sending it in for a cut/clean which runs about $175 after shipping cost.

Brand new, these are only $550, and you will be much happier going this route.

OP
OP
StaLL1oN

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tq converters are all custom built for each application, so its hard to take a used converter, and get good results unless you have an identical setup to what the converter was originally built for. Its also not recommended to install a used converter without sending it in for a cut/clean which runs about $175 after shipping cost.

Brand new, these are only $550, and you will be much happier going this route.

Damn, i guess your right Matt. Do you carry the Circle D one for 450?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
We don't sell Circle D. There are a few guys out there running them with good results, but they seem to be hit and miss. We are getting much more consistent results with the Edge Converters. Tq converter is not a part that you want to skimp on. The converter is 1 of the most important pieces of the puzzle when it comes to going fast...especially if you are trying to pair it up with that new cam you have coming. You are much better off saving for an extra month or so and getting a good converter, than rushing into it and buying something cheap that you will end up replacing later.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Does a torque converter, in these new trucks, act like one in an older hotrod? Seems like a dumb question...I want the added take-off, but dont want my truck revving at 3400 RPMs everywhere I go. I wish I had someone around here with one so I can hear it driving to be sure it is something that I could live with

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Does a torque converter, in these new trucks, act like one in an older hotrod? Seems like a dumb question...I want the added take-off, but dont want my truck revving at 3400 RPMs everywhere I go. I wish I had someone around here with one so I can hear it driving to be sure it is something that I could live with

These are still lockup converter, so under normal driving, they act like stock. You don't see that 3000+ rpm stall speed until you are at about 3/4 throttle or more. They are perfectly streetable. Even the 3400 in my blue truck feels fine on the street.

Only reason you wouldn't want a 3000+ is if you tow often or use the truck offroad a lot. Higher stall speeds build more heat, but if only used on the street/strip, then it is nothing to worry about. Even my 3400 stall converter, tranny temp doesn't get over 160* with the Mag Hytec pan.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Matt, Im sure that I will be getting with you for one someday. Thank you for the info Sir!