Traction Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
later aaron. on top of what im going through my 4yr old has a virus. poor baby, she slept for a few hrs now we are up watching yo gabba gabba this morning. not a lot of traffic @ 5:05 central so ima check CL

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
...ran moes bars and now caltracs...I love how they trac even on just regular street driving..

southernbnb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ha. im talking drop, 22"s, aftermarket hood, alpine set ups. ascetically going down the same paths. paternal twins

Definition of PATERNAL
a : of or relating to a father b : like that of a father <paternal benevolence>
: received or inherited from one's male parent
: related through one's father <paternal grandfather>

so your trucks have the same father?!?!?!:shrug::gr_grin:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
As a twin........its fraternal. :D

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
What tire is on the 17" rim that your getting that much smoke off of idle? Next question is on your SC im guessing you have tweaked the trans options?

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BF goodwrench g-force 275-40-17s. And yeah I extended my shift points 500rpms and set it to shift harder

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Im at a loss for why your boiling the tires off with the LSD on dry pavement with the gforces. Im guessing you got one of the factory freak trucks that run a second quicker in the quarter stock. The traction bars will help plant like stated above but that only helps with wheel hop. What are you looking to get out of the truck?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Definition of PATERNAL
a : of or relating to a father b : like that of a father <paternal benevolence>
: received or inherited from one's male parent
: related through one's father <paternal grandfather>

so your trucks have the same father?!?!?!:shrug::gr_grin:

yes his name is Mopar.

As a twin........its fraternal. :D

yeah thats what i meant it was late or early depending on your perspective

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
BF goodwrench g-force 275-40-17s. And yeah I extended my shift points 500rpms and set it to shift harder

at 25" tall, you better be spinnin the tires...that is pretty short, even by track standards but I see alot of guys using it.. what kind of times are you putting down at the track?

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The truck has always been fast. When I was stock I was outrunning single cab 2wd hemis. Ppl think its because its a thunderroad edition, but I dont see any difference between it and a regular truck besides the "Thunderroad" badge on the door. The only track I ran on is an 1/8 mile (the only track near me) - 8.96 is my best time, but I cut an awesome light and she hooked on the trackbite. And im looking to cut an 8 flat, but Id rather get her hooking on pavement first

onebadbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The truck has always been fast. When I was stock I was outrunning single cab 2wd hemis. Ppl think its because its a thunderroad edition, but I dont see any difference between it and a regular truck besides the "Thunderroad" badge on the door. The only track I ran on is an 1/8 mile (the only track near me) - 8.96 is my best time, but I cut an awesome light and she hooked on the trackbite. And im looking to cut an 8 flat, but Id rather get her hooking on pavement first

i just bust a 7.98

there is no way you will run an 8 flat with out nitrous or heads or cam cal tracs weight reduction slicks there is about 2 grand maybe more of work to do

not saying you knwo what your doing but cutting an awesome light has nothign to do with getting a good et

Last edited:

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

If your truck is the white truck in your sig then it isnt a thunder road & like Brett said going from an 8.9 to an 8.0 will take a lil work

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im in a debate whether to go with a cam and heads, or just go cheap and spray. Im leaning more towards the bottle right now for economical purposes. haha. O yeah, and it is a Thunderroad edition. Unless someone at the factory decided to throw the badge on there for no reason

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Think your gonna neede to stack and get a spray tune to do it correctly but could be wrong.