Trasmission issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racus7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 5.9 litre with about 199 thousand miles on it. When i first bought the truck a couple weeks ago the rpms wouldnt go above about 2500 but the truck could still speed up to 90 on the freeway and drive perfectly fine just had hardly had any get up and go. Check engine light came on and it said the governor pressure solenoid in the tranny was bad so i dropped the pan and replaced it along with gaskets and what not. Filled it back up with tranny fluid and took it for a spin and it shifts into second gear perfect but when i romp on it it slips when shifting into third gear. Sometimes wont go into 3rd unless I let off the gas. If I just drive normal it will shift through the gears fine. Just seems to have trouble shifting into higher gears when i put the pedal to the floor. Transmission fluid level is in the ok range right between min and max and does not smell burnt. Will I need to rebuild it or could this be another sensor problem somewhere?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't really know anything about transmissions, so I'm sorry there, but hopefully your issue gets sorted out soon!

OP
OP
R

Racus7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
Thanks. Just trying to see if there's anything I can do or check myself before I take it in to a shop

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you adjust the bands while you had the pan off?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk