Truck Running Bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucasgunzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Every time I fill my truck up to the top, my truck randomly kills. And it's not always right after I fill it up it's a few minutes after driving. This happened to me 3 times. Anyone got any suggestions/comments? Only when I fill my truck up with gas to the top.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every time I fill my truck up to the top, my truck randomly kills. And it's not always right after I fill it up it's a few minutes after driving. This happened to me 3 times. Anyone got any suggestions/comments? Only when I fill my truck up with gas to the top.

Gas tank vet? Is it hard to fill the tank with gas (handle clicks like it is full even if it isn't)?

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

When you say right up to the top what are you doing?

You should fill it until the pump clicks off and your done, I round up to the nearest nickel but no more. I have seen people keep clicking and clicking until the truck is nearly puking gas out of the filler neck which you should not be doing. At this point you are filling your charcoal canister with gas when it was designed to handle vapor only.

OP
OP
lucasgunzz

lucasgunzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No no I only went to the first click and that was it

OP
OP
lucasgunzz

lucasgunzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm not sure, the needle says it's full lol not sure I really understand what you saying