Truck stalled out the other day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KIDRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 345 Hemi
*100 Degree day
*Fresh tank of full 91 octane gas
*Started her up and didn't give much time to warm up
*Less than a mile from the house
*Coasting slowly to a stop light
*Felt the power steering go out and then realized the entire truck had stalled out
*No rough idling or indication the truck had stalled besides the power steering and air conditioning stopped blowing cold
*Check engine light was on
*Truck started up right away and was fine after that
*Drove it 50 miles yesterday all over the place and it's been fine

Any ideas?

2004 with 35K miles on it, 5.7 4X4

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
crap in the gas tank, thats been an issue for me in my 08, ive got some trash in there that gets stirred up when i get gas, right after i get gas i have a stalling issue for a short bit and then all is well, it started really random and then got to be every fill up, i need to drop my tank but ive been too lazy to do it so ive just dealt with it, although i have been doing a few fuel treatments and putting in the high grade gas and since i started doing that, it has not acted up since....

OP
OP
KIDRR

KIDRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 345 Hemi
I had actually got gas days before the stall. Drove .5 miles to my house with no issues. Truck sat for a few days then the stall happened within a mile of the house.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 2004 has done this in the past. Even fully warmed up. I had it stall on me while sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, coming to a slow stop behind another car. It will stall when going from stop light to stop light sometimes too. Very random and infrequent.

I've noticed that it usually happens after I have recently reset the computer or made some other change to the truck. Usually clears itself up as the truck re-learns things.