Truck wont restart. Stranded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rcharlieo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Does it crank but not fire up?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes. It died randomly while driving and hasn't restarted. Gone through all the fuses, relays, etc but nothing. Had to tow it to my house, so at least it's home. It makes one helluva paper weight.

Well my brother has the same year model truck, but I haven't been able to get him to help me with it. If I can get him to swap the ECM we can troubleshoot it, but it's been a month or so of "Yeah bro, we'll get to it this weekend" Oh, **** came up sorry man, keep workin on it" Gotta love siblings haha

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Yes. It died randomly while driving and hasn't restarted. Gone through all the fuses, relays, etc but nothing. Had to tow it to my house, so at least it's home. It makes one helluva paper weight.

Well my brother has the same year model truck, but I haven't been able to get him to help me with it. If I can get him to swap the ECM we can troubleshoot it, but it's been a month or so of "Yeah bro, we'll get to it this weekend" Oh, **** came up sorry man, keep workin on it" Gotta love siblings haha
I had a 95 flat bed 2500 gas a long time ago. And it did the exact same thing and it was a fried ecm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rcharlieo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I had a 95 flat bed 2500 gas a long time ago. And it did the exact same thing and it was a fried ecm

Well I'm getting my brothers ECM this weekend to test it whether he wants to give it or not lol. Really sucks because I just bought the damn thing 2 months ago and already had to replace the exhaust system, front CV axles and wheel bearings.

Fingers crossed this ECM swap could diagnose the issue. :)

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Good luck man i hope this takes care of it for you. Thats a pain when you gotta repair the truck that soon but at least you know all this stuff is new and you'll get a lot of miles out of it.....if you get it running.